Your Quiz Results
You scored 3 out of 5
3 out of 5 is promising. Keep up your interest in the world and the importance of students becoming global citizens.
- What percentage of students from colleges and universities in the US study abroad? You Answered: c) Less than 2 percent Correct! According to the most recent report from the Institute of International Education (NY) "Open Doors" 2012, 1.4 percent of US Higher education students studied abroad in 2010/2011.
- What is the definition of campus internationalization? You Answered: d) All the above plus infusing international perspective in the curriculum Correct! Internationalization involves a holistic approach to the teaching, service, and scholarship functions of universities. Prominent internationalization scholar, Jane Knight, defines internationalization of higher education as "the process of integrating an international/intercultural dimension into the teaching, research, and service functions of the institution" (1993).
- What country receives the largest number of international students? You Answered: d) United States Correct! The US percentage of the total market share of global mobility stands at 19 percent. The US remains an attractive destination, however its share of the global market is currently decreasing according to the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD).
- In 2011 What 5 countries sent the largest number of international students to the US? You Answered: b) South Korea, Mexico, United Kingdom, Japan, China Correct Response: c) China, India, South Korea, Saudi Arabia, Canada According to the Institute of International Education 2012 "Open Doors" report, the following countries had the largest number of students in the US: China with 194,029; India with 100,270; South Korea with 72,295; Saudi Arabia with 34,139; and Canada with 26,821.
- What states in the US sent the largest percentage of higher education students to study abroad in 2011? You Answered: c) New York Correct Response: d) District of Colombia DC sent the largest percentage of students with 5.71 percent, according to NAFSA: Association of International Educators (2012). The second state with the largest participation was Vermont with 4.27 percent.
Share on Facebook!